понедельник, 11 сентября 2017 г.

No title

Double Adirondack Chairs

Here is a project I recently completed. I got a bunch of cedar 4×4 posts and 2x material from my wifes grandfather when he passed away. The boards had been sitting in his garage loft for years. I told my wife I would build her something nice from them. I milled all the 4×4 into slats and it was all very nice clear cedar, no pith or knots at all. Beautiful wood considering how it started. This is the end result. I got the plans off the internet, but modified them to my liking as I usually do. The wife, and her family, are very happy.
I made wenge plugs to plug some of the screw holes. The chair set is all one piece and finished with Sikkens oil finish. I also added teak “feet” to the leg bottoms to wear a bit better. I did have to buy some cedar from the lumber store to complete the tables as I did not quite have enough.

Thanks for looking!

-- I restore the finest vintage tools! If you need a nice plane, saw, marking tool or brace, please let me know!

Original article and pictures take http://lumberjocks.com/projects/87105 site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий